Deciding on a Planner for the 2016-2017 School Year

Hi!


I actually had another post planned for today but... I feel like it is not ready to go up. I finished it yesterday but I keep going back and changing it. So you should see it in a couple of days. Today, I wanted to talk about planners and the trouble I am having with choosing one for the upcoming school year because they are all so cute! You can see my review for the Sugar Paper LA 2015 planner, Lilly Pulitzer 2015-2016, and the May Designs planner.
{This was actually originally posted Thursday, August 4th, but I lost the content when redesigning the blog ~ so the first paragraph is from a screenshot that I posted. (today is Friday) So I hope it does not come across as rushed and I will try to still elaborate.}

I loved my Lilly one so much over the past year that I for sure thought I was going to get it for this upcoming school year. However, I explored some and fell in love with a couple realized they were not right for me, at least for not this school year.

But I will you show you a couple of the ones that I was seriously considering.


in bloom
*Image taken from the Erin Condren site. By clicking on the title or the image, you will be directed to her site.

I have actually been very interested in Erin Condren planners for a long time. I remember when you could search YouTube or Twitter and only see about 5 posts on each about it. For a long time, they only came in a vertical layout {separated by morning, noon, and night}. Now, it comes in a horizontal layout and hourly layout. The main reason I decided not to get it this year was the price with customization of the one I really wanted. I was somewhat okay with it but I watched some of the videos after the release and many people were not happy. But, I eventually do plan to try it out. Maybe even next year.



Student Planner
*Image taken from the Plum Paper Planner website. By clicking on the title or the image, you will be directed to their website.

I first looked at the regular horizontal but figured it was not enough space. So I looked at the student planners and got excited about the price {$16}. However, the layout was totally different from any planner I have ever used {and I have used many since 4th grade}. I heavily considered it and watched a review on youtube and she confirmed that if you liked to write out assignments, it does not have enough room. {I actually have a post coming up about how I organized my agenda and should be up in the next couple of days}.


Pink - Lauren James Planner (PRE ORDER ONLY) Open Cover
*Image taken from the Lauren James website. By clicking on the title or the image, you will be directed to her website.

On Monday, August 1st, I was on the Country Club Prep website and came across the Lauren James Planner. I thought it was one of the cutest planners ever!! Not only is it $30 just like the Lilly large, it is the exact same size. It seems to be geared more toward college women and ladies in sorority. However, if you love preppy and girly, you are going to love this planner. I loved it and almost bought after 5 seconds of seeing {I was really happy and excited #implusiveshopper} but I noticed that it is a vertical layout with morning ~ afternoon ~ evening separations. I did not mind the vertical since it was lined but they was I like to organize, I am afraid the separations would make it hard. So maybe next year and I will see how I organize this year. {There is still a small chance I might choose this.}


I also have looked at the Kate Spade planners for the past couple of years. Now, she has a good selection of 17 month planners which I love. However, since I am still in school, I want something that has bright and colorful designs {at least for this school year}.


*Link will directed you to the Lilly website.

{Sorry for no picture, could not get a clear one from the Lilly site and I did not want to take someone elses photo.}
This probably the winner. After comparing all of the others, this seems to work best for me. I love the amount of space and the lined horizontal layout. It is available in many sizes but the large I feel works best for me. If you are not sure and you are in school, whether it be middle school, high school, or college, I recommend the large. I personally felt like it was the best size for me as a freshman in college. I was involved but not super involved and I felt like I had enough room. When I post how I organized you and get a better idea. 

If you like the sizes {or the overall layout} of the Lilly but you are not a fan of the Lilly prints, I recommend the Ban.do planner. It also comes in many sizes and has a similar set up. The large Lilly is equivalent to the medium Ban.do and the jumbo Lilly is equivalent to the large Ban.do. I believe they are not the exact same size but they are very close in size. The only thing is that it is not lined, but it is horizontal. I looked at the ban.do planners this year and last year but they are not really my style on the inside {like the pills}. I do love the covers from this year though. The portable chargers from ban.do are cute though, I always saw them at Nordstrom's. Both planners are more widely available compared to the other three I talked about. So you are more likely to be able to find them in person so you can see it before you buy. Nordstrom's is a great place to look.

So I hope I can decide soon and hopefully I gave you some ideas on planners!!

Thank You for reading and good luck planning!


No comments