What to Wear During Sorority Recruitment!


Going through recruitment can already be stressful enough, but having to worry about what can make it even worse. So plan ahead!! I highly recommend going shopping ahead time (beginning of the summer) instead of waiting until the wear before.



Depending on what type of university you are planning to attend, the style for what to wear will by TOTALLY different. If you are going to attend a SEC (Southeastern Conference) school, what you should wear would be very different from someone going to a small liberal arts university in the North East. The girls in the South probably spend the most money to make they best impression {since it is so competitive}. You {might} want to pay attention to really preppy brands like Lilly Pulitzer, J. Crew, Vineyard Vines, Kate Spade, and Tory Burch (or anything very similar). Some girls even have back up outfits for everyday just in case someone has the same thing on. Whereas, most other schools it is a bit more casual and not as competitive.

But, I will give examples that can suit most! I also HIGHLY recommend first looking at the schools website for what to wear before you look any other place. Every school is different, so every blog post you see will have different ideas for different days and you do NOT want to show up in the wrong outfit. For example, on Prep Night, some school say only black cocktail dresses, at other schools any color is allowed. Or for Bid Day, some say a tank top and shorts, while other schools will say a short white dress. So, check your school's Panhellenic page just to make sure and feel free to change my days around to fit your school's needs.

Now, lets jet started ~ also be aware that if you school has 2 days of a certain round (for example, Philanthropy Day), make sure you have an outfit for each day. I will be giving examples for formal fall recruitment.

{The is a problem with the images showing up so while I figure it out you can find the pictures with all the outfit details here.}
Day 1: Open House/Ice Teas
Day 1
You want to be comfortable because there will be a lot of walking, but also cute because you want to make a good first impression. I paired a cute bright colored sun dress with a pair of Jack Rogers and a Tory Burch small shoulder bag.

Day 2: Philanthropy Round
Day 2 
You also want to be comfortable today because you will be doing activities. I chose a white t-shirt, but you will probably be provided with a recruitment t-shirt at orientation. I would pair it will a pair of bright or pastel colored shorts (that are an appropriate length), sandals, and a small bag to car you stuff.

Day 3: Skit Day
Day 3 
Skit Day is a little for formal that the previous days. You want to wear something that you would wear to a nice brunch or interview. A pair of wedges, flats, or comfortable heels are great. I also like the Lilly Pulitzer dresses for this round.

Day 4: Preference Night
Day 4  

Pref Night is the most formal night during recruitment. You want to wear something you would wear to a wedding or a formal restaurant. If you plan to wear heels, I recommend bringing sandals to walk in when going to the other house. 

Days 5: Bid Day
Day 5
Bid Day is the best day of recruitment. I recommend wearing comfortable sandals to run in, shorts, and a tank top because when you arrive at the house, you will probably receive a t-shirt.

I hope you guys enjoyed!! Thank You for reading! I enjoyed creating the collages for you!

{P.S. ~ This was part of a project that I did my senior year of high school. However, a lot of what is mentioned is true. I did a lot of research for myself before my senior year, all throughout, and even after about sorority recruitment at schools around the country. I planned for a very long time to join a sorority once I got to college and since I learned a lot about the process, I decided to do the project on sororities. I applied to colleges all over the country so I had researched about how all the schools did their recruitment. I looked at pretty much every big public university and many private school about what to wear for their recruitment since I find the process very interesting.}

No comments