How I Organized my Lilly Agenda for school!



Today I wanted to talk about how I organized my agenda this past school year and how I plan to organize it for this upcoming school year. I plan of doing another similar post once the school year actually starts for me. Last year was my freshman year
of college and I feel like I was pretty organized especially for second semester.


I used the large size Lilly Pulitzer 2015-2016 agenda in "Wild Confetti".
You can see my review for it here.


This an example of what a week looked like in my agenda first semester.


It is somewhat organized. But it was not the most efficient. There was no consistency with colors and how they were used. Since I am a visual person, it kind of bothered me.


So for second semester I started using the color coding everything {or at least most things} with pens.
The pens I used were the BIC Intensity Fine Point that came in a pack of 7 at Target {sorry I could not find a link for a pack of 7 but you can still find these in other sized packs}.


Black ~ anything that was in the syllabus/syllabi. If it was written in black on a day, it meant that it was due {readings or papers} or will happen in class that day {like a test}. I chose this color for this because is the easiest to replace and since everything written was important, I wanted it to be easy to read.

Blue ~ anything that was school related. Like events, sometimes club stuff, if class was going to be in a different location, official class study sessions, participate in psychology studies, etc.

Red ~ every week I wrote a quote, Irish Blessing, or a Bible verse at the bottom of the page. However, I will not be doing it EVERY week this year. I might just do one for the month. I always got behind because most that I liked were too long and it would take forever to find a short enough one that I really liked as the year went on.

Pink, Purple, Green, Orange ~ these colors were more random/interchangeable and I mixed between a lot. I would use it for social things, TV shows, birthdays, also club stuff, etc. Majority of time, the colors did not stay consistent. Pink was used the most for birthdays but for some fun things, Purple the most for TVs shows and lists, Green and Orange not much but maybe if I did something and wanted to keep record of it.



Sorry for the blur (had locations,etc) but I just wanted to show you how a lot of my weeks were covered with post-it reminders.  I went post-it crazy. I actually also kept a lot in the front inside cover. I do not use the color coding on post-its, just for what is written on the planner's page. I just usually use what pen I can get to first since most are written during class or when I'm studying and do not want to forget.


I take a small amount from the stack and stick in the front and just refill as needed. On the side, you can kind of see post-its which are actually stacked/layered all the way down the page. I easily forget things.


Monthly overview of January 2016. I took some glitter washi tape and cut it down the center and blocked off the break. This was the end of winter break. I would have showed December, but I had names and locations. But hopefully you get the idea. The single day with the tape is a holiday and we had the day off/three-day weekend.


Monthly overview of March 2016 with Spring Break blocked off.


I hope this helps some of you if you want to be more organized. Everyone plans different so I recommended trying different methods until you find what is right for you.

Thank you for reading and good luck planning!

No comments