Happy New Year 2019!


Happy New Year!

Today, I wanted to talk about 2019 and possible goals for the new year!

I will talk about some goals that tie into my word for the year but I do not have any resolutions. I am not a huge person for New Year's resolutions (but I've only tried like a couple of times between middle school and high school). I can see why people have them but they are not more me. If I want to work on something, I start when I am ready because I usually am not ready by January 1st. Or, if I am ready and motivated on November 14th, I do not want to put it off for another month and a half and possibly lose that motivation. However, I do have a word for the year.

Word of the Year:

Faith

I decided to do a word of the year at the last minute and one that stuck out to me the most was Faith. I did make a list and I noticed that many that I liked tied back to faith. And, when I leaned towards another, I would find a reason to tied it back to faith. So, I figured it was the best word for me.

Some of the other words I considered are:
persevere, gratitude, trust, commit, persist, relax, journey, and present

I did not just want to decided on faith without considering more. So, I used the list from Happiness is Homemade.

I try to keep my blog as light as possible. I will not get into it today (maybe a faraway day) but, 2018 was one of the hardest years of my life {probably the hardest} and what had happened will forever affect me. I know the aftermath will be very present in my life for the next couple of years and it scares me. Therefore, I decided that I needed to have faith in the future and for what the Lord has planned.

I did not have a word for 2018. However, I do believe that everything happens for a reason and having faith through the past year kept me going. I decided that I really needed to continue focusing on having faith in the new year to get me through. Now lets talk about goals!

Goals:

committed and consistent

I do not want to make to many specific goals right now because I usually do not do well. For example, the past couple of years, I always pop on here and say I will be more on top of my blog but I always fall off. I might possible do a post in the future that will have more specific goals of mine. The best goals are SMART goals.

I would like to be more committed to certain things {dive in rather than just dip my toe in}. I also would like to be more consistent.


I hope you enjoyed! What are some of your goals and/or resolutions? Did you choose a word of the year?

Thank you for reading and have a delightful day!

No comments