Baked Macaroni and Cheese Recipe


Hello Lovelies! Today I wanted to share with you a Macaroni and Cheese Recipe. This recipe is inspired by Mueller's Baked Mac and Cheese. I have changed a few things to suit my needs.
The Recipe calls for 
8 oz. Elbows (I prefer shells)
2 Tbs cornstarch
1 tsp salt (I used more sense I used a mild cheese)
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
3 cups of milk 2 tbs butter/margarine
2 cups of shredded American or cheddar cheese, divided


I am not a cheese lover but if I do have cheese, I prefer white or Italian Cheese. In addition, for the dry ingredients, I did add more than the recipe calls for.

When baking or cooking, I prefer to use the least amount of dishes possible. So the order I type the instructions is how I do it but if you want to see the directions for the original recipe, you can see it here. I also layer the cheese in.

  1. Cook pasta for 6 minutes and drain. I personally rinse sometimes.
  2. Rinse out the pot/saucepan.
  3. Preheat over to 375 degrees.
  4. Combine cornstarch, salt, dry mustard, and pepper. Stir in the milk and butter over a medium-high heat.
  5. Bring to a boil for 1 minute.
  6. Stir in half the cheese. {I did 8 oz of Mozzarella}
  7. Stir in the pasta.
  8. Pour half into your greased casserole dish.
  9. Put a layer of the remaining cheese. {I used an Italian Blend ~ Mozzarella, Parmesan, Romano, and Provolone}
  10. Pour the rest of the pasta onto and add another layer of cheese. Use as little or as much as you like.
  11. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
I leave it in for a few more minutes so that it can brown on top.

I hope you all enjoyed and I hope you try it out! Check out my Instagram post to see the cheese bubble!

Thank You for reading and have fun cooking! Have a delightful day!

No comments