Previous BIRCHBOXes + My Experience with Subscription Boxes: Part 1!


Hi Ladies!
So this is a weird post. The boxes that are in the pictures down below are from May 2014 and June 2014. I still had the products in the box {although I have used some} so I figured I would take pictures and do a review of the Birchbox in general so I can go ahead and finish the products up. Links to other box reviews will be at the end of the post!


To start, my first experience with Birchbox and subscription boxes in general was actually in January 2012. I remember it was December 2011 and I really wanted to try Birchbox, so I signed up. A few days later, I signed up for the Julep Maven box. For the start of a new year they had the $19.99 box on sale for $0.01. Of course, I couldn't pass it up. This is back when Julep was very small and the subscription service very new. Now, you can easily find Julep in department stores so it has been nice to see the company grow. Julep from what I can remember was a very small chain of nail salons in Washington that started their own line of nail polish. I only got the one month and then cancelled but I think it was worth it, but then again, I only paid a penny. I believe the Maven name was dropped but Maven was the subscription service. A couple of years ago they completely revamped their site and subscription service because they had grown so much.

Birchbox is also a monthly subscription service and is only $10 a month. As with most boxes, the more boxes you buy at a time, the cheaper each box becomes. My very first box came in January 2012 and I still remember every item because I loved it so much.
In it I received: Viva La Juicy sample, C.O. Bigelow Shampoo and Conditioner in Lavender & Peppermint, Jouer lipgloss, Zoya nail polish in Kirsten.

I have loved Juicy Couture for a long time {obsessed when I was younger}. I already used C.O. Bigelow products and I still continue to buy. The lipgloss was pretty and I have placed orders with Zoya since. Although I love Zoya polish, I do not buy often online because I do not like paying for shipping and I do not want to buy the amount the qualifies for free shipping.

Which leads to the May 2014 and June 2014 boxes. It had been a while since I had a beauty box and decided I wanted another one. I seem to go through phases because they were others that I wanted to try but the theme of May 2014 is what got me. I have been what to try POPSUGAR Must Have for YEARS though. I'm not going include reviews but I did take pictures of the boxes and the card with the products on it.

May 2014


May 2014 theme was Kate Spade Saturday. I have been a Kate Spade fan for years but not so much the Saturday line. Which I think many people felt the same because it has been defunct for a while now. But, it was the closest to Kate Spade, so why not. It was the end of May and their was a code to get it/first box for $5.



Included was a coupon for the Kate Spade Saturday online store. I never used it because I honestly did not like the Saturday stuff.

June 2014

I did not intend to get June but since I signed up at the end of May I was roped into it. The box was delivered but I had not been charged so I thought I got a free box but then the next day the money got pulled. That is only thing about subscription services the same thing happened with my July 2016 GlossyBox.



Included was a card with info for the new Benefit, at the time, eyeliner. And a card with things to do in Big Cities provided by JetBlue.



Overall I enjoy subscription boxes and giving you some history on my experience. I plan to do a follow up post/part two because their is more to talk about.

If you are interested you can check out my June 2016 GlossyBox and  July 2016 GlossyBox.

And if you interested in signing up for Birchbox feel free to use my referral link.
Glossybox referral here.

Thank you for reading and thank you for your support! Have a delightful day!
*all links valid at the publication of this post.



No comments